Since 1954 a history of hospitality and warmth
In 1954 Hans Erlacher, known to us as our beloved grandfather and great-grandfather, inherited the land in the area of Valiares. He was responsible for the construction work and built the first foundations of the hotel. At the time, there was a shortage of funds and the construction was halted for almost ten years. After the war, when the soldiers returned from the camps and had to practice in the mountains, they left their donkeys where our restaurant is today. In 1964, with ten rooms and a shared bathroom, the four women of the house opened the guesthouse. At that time our great-grandmother Maria took care of the preparation of the meals, preparing exclusively traditional Ladin dishes and serving them in the living room of the house. In winter when the temperature dropped a good mulled wine warmed the evening for everyone. In the seventies the small guesthouse was transformed into a hotel, a hotel that is still full of soul and life, because it is thanks to the past that we have arrived where we are today.